THIS ITEM IS SOLD
This is a masterfully built instrument crafted from exotic tone woods with vintage and modern details. It was originally designed by Bill Asher for Ben Harper in 1998 and inspired by the Weissenborn Hawaiian acoustic lap steel from the 1930s. This lap steel has great low-end and high-end response, clean or with overdrive - the sustain and acoustic overtones are unbeatable.
This is a rare one-off custom shop build embellished with abalone trim around the top, curly maple bindings, gold hardware and stunning highly figured Hawaiian Koa.
- STYLE: 6-string lap steel
- SCALE LENGTH: 25 inches
- NECK & BODY: neck-through solid African mahogany with cylindrical tone chambers
- TOP: flamed koa
- DETAILS: abalone trim
- PICKUPS: Asher Steelbuckers
- PICKUP SWITCHING: three-way toggle
- CONTROLS: master volume and master tone
- KNOBS: gold metal knobs
- FRET BOARD: flame koa
- BRIDGE: flame koa
- MACHINE HEADS: gold Kluson Deluxe with white buttons
- NUT: micarta
- STRING SPACING: nut: 1 3/4 inches, bridge: 2 1/8 inches
- COLOR: natural amber nitro
- FINISH: nitro cellulose lacquer
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 22
- STRINGS: Asher Electro Hawaiian ® Lap Steel strings
- CASE: deluxe custom hard shell case
- RETAIL PRICE: $3600
Hear Audio Clips and See More Photos of the Electro Hawaiian Model I
*International buyers are responsible for all customs, duties and taxes.
**It may take 3-10 business days to do a final quality check before the guitar ships.