Marc Ford Signature Model
“The idea was to create a guitar that married the best of a Strat and my Les Paul Special....what we got was a guitar I truly love.”
The Marc Ford Signature Model guitar was designed to seamlessly incorporate the tone and vibe of Ford's Les Paul Special with the comforts and playability of his go-to Stratocaster.
Ford and Asher worked on this model for his tour with The Black Crowes and created a high performance guitar with grit, tone and a unique retro style.
Included in its superior construction and details are a tight-grain rock maple volute neck for exceptional stability, ebony faceplate, top-of-the-line hardware,
and easy access truss-rod.
The tone of this guitar is sweet and woody, with a great balance of grit and
clarity at high stage volumes.
- style ~ 6-string electric guitar
- scale length ~ 25.5 inches
- neck ~ two-piece quarter sawn Birdseye Maple
- fret board ~ 12" radius rosewood board
- neck shape ~ "D" .87 at 1st fret to .95 at 12th fret
- body ~ select one-piece lightweight mahogany or okoume
- pickups ~ '50s P90 by Jason Lollar
- pickup switching ~ 3-way
- controls ~ volume / .033 oil & paper tone / 16 pos ToneStyler
- knobs ~ retro style aluminum
- bridge ~ Vintage Spec by Callaham
- machine heads ~ Hipshot locking tuners
- nut ~ bone
- nut width ~ 1 11/16" or 1 5/8"
- number of frets ~ 22
- fret wire ~ Dunlop 6155
- color ~ TV yellow, cherry red, tobacco burst or custom color
- finish ~ polyester or nitro cellulose
- strings ~ D'Addario
- case ~ deluxe hardshell
- retail price ~ $3675+