This is the first relic'd Ben Harper Signature Model we have ever done. Bill said Ben thought it looked like his that have been played and worn for a long time! It has all the same specs as the standard Signature Model, but just a little worn in (by us, not Ben).
"I'm as excited about having this guitar in the world as much as my music really. It's that amazing of an electric guitar." - Ben Harper
This Signature Model 6-string lap steel guitar was created for Ben Harper by Bill Asher to simultaneously capture the classic tones of the revered '59 Les Paul guitar with the feel and vibe of a Weissenborn. Asher guitars are widely known for their incredible sustain, versatile tone, and uncompromising craftsmanship.
Asher's modern design creates tremendous playability and increased tone options for a more creative and musical experience. This model is hand-built using the finest tone woods and hardware available. Truly a unique hybrid, the Ben Harper Signature Model may be one of the most exciting lap steels ever built.
- STYLE: 6-string lap steel
- SERIAL NUMBER: #1277
- SCALE LENGTH: 25 inches
- NECK & BODY: neck-through solid okoume
- TOP: figured maple with Ivoroid black Ivoroid binding
- PICKUPS: 2 aged Seymour Duncan Custom Shop '59-Style Humbuckers with cream pickups rings
- PICKUP SWITCHING: three-way toggle
- CONTROLS: master volume and master tone for each pickup
- KNOBS: gold top hat
- FRET BOARD: Indian rosewood with mother of pearl inlay
- BRIDGE & TAILPIECE: aged Tone Pros
- MACHINE HEADS: aged Kluson Deluxe with keystone buttons
- NUT: Graphtech
- STRING SPACING: nut: 1 3/4 inches, bridge: 2 1/8 inches
- COLOR: cherry burst
- FINISH Type: relic'd nitro
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 22
- STRINGS: Asher Electro Hawaiian ® Lap Steel strings